Last Updated: 24/08/2022
Honeyman Group and its affiliates, subsidiaries and related entities (“Honeyman Water” “we, “our”) is committed to protecting the privacy and security of the personal data we collect about end customers and users of our services (“you/your”).
The purpose of this privacy notice is to explain what personal data we collect about you when you interact with our website. When we do this, we are the data controller. However, when we provide your business with our services, we act as the data processor of the data you share with us for the performance of the service agreement signed between your business and Honeyman.
Please read this privacy notice carefully as it provides important information about how we handle your personal information and your rights. If you have any questions about any aspect of this privacy notice you can contact us using the information provided below or by contacting us at email@example.com.
Personal data we collect
When you visit and interact with our website, we collect the following types of personal data:
- Name of business representatives
- Corporate email
- Phone number
- Any personal information you share with us when making an enquiry or calling us
- Your testimonial if you choose to provide it
We operate on a B2B (business-to-business) basis, and due to the nature of our services, it is unlikely that we’ll process relevant amounts of personal data. However, when providing services to your company, we may receive and process the following types of personal data from your company:
- Name of staff
- Role of staff within the organisation
- Education or professional qualification of staff
- Any personal information (such as views, opinions or additional contact details) you choose to share with us in the context of our services or to provide you with assistance.
Purposes for which we use personal data and the legal basis
We may use your personal data for the following purposes and on the following lawful bases:
|Type of data
|Lawful Basis for Processing
|To receive, analyse and respond to your enquiries sent by email, phone, or through the form in our website
|Name, corporate email, phone number
|Contract – to fulfil your request and make it possible for you to enter a contract with us
|To receive, analyse and respond to your enquiries sent by email or phone
|Additional personal information (such as opinions, views and contact details) you wish to share with us
|To publish your testimonials in our website and increase our brand reputation and potential sales
|Your testimonials, including opinions, name and role within your organisation
|To the performance of our marketing activities, including sending newsletters
|Corporate email address
Where personal data is processed because it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party, we will be unable to provide our services without the required information.
This helps us to provide you with a good experience when you browse our website and also allows us to improve our website and understand how you interact with us.
Sharing your data
When we provide services to you, we share your personal data with our vendors and third-party service providers, for instance, for payments processing or to organise video-conferencing. When we do so, we ensure having entered into Data Processing Agreements with our service providers, which means that they can only process your personal data in accordance with our instructions and they will not be able to use it for their own purposes.
Personal data may also be shared with government authorities and/or law enforcement officials for the prevention or detection of crime, if required by law or if required for a legal or contractual claim.
We have taken appropriate steps to ensure that personal data processed outside the UK has an essentially equivalent level of protection as it has within the UK.
How long we keep your data
We will retain your personal data for as long as is necessary to provide you with our services and for a reasonable period thereafter to enable us to meet our contractual and legal obligations and to deal with complaints and claims.
At the end of the retention period, your personal data will be securely deleted or anonymised, for example by aggregation with other data, so that it can be used in a non-identifiable way for statistical analysis and business planning.
If you want to know how long we store specific types of personal data, you may request a copy of our Data Retention Policy and Schedule.
How we protect your data
We implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect data that we process from unauthorised disclosure, use, alteration or destruction, mainly:
- Personal data is electronically stored in secure environments, to allow any communication necessary for the performance of a contract between our company and yours, or to take steps to enter a contract, and for the purposes of legitimate mutual business interests.
- No personal data is stored on removable drives.
- Personal data is encrypted.
- Personal data is never shared with third parties without the appropriate data protection measures, including signing the appropriate agreements and commitments to data protection
- We make it clear and easy for people to opt-out or change preferences.
- We only collect personal data that may be embedded our business-to-business relationship
- We ensure our communications are relevant to you and guarantee you can opt-out and unsubscribe from any marketing communications.
Your rights and options
You can also lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. They can be contacted using the information provided at: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.
If you have any questions, or wish to exercise any of your rights, then you can contact:
Honeyman Laboratories, Harmire Enterprise Park, Harmire Road, Barnard Castle, County Durham, DL12 8BN
Alternatively, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.